Robert Warr | Consultant Plastic Surgeon
Qualifications: BM, MD, FRCS(Eng), FRCS(Plast)
Speciality: Plastic Surgery
Sub-specialities: Trauma, Breast, Facial Trauma including nose surgery, Skin Cancer and Abdominal Surgery
GMC Registration: Full, 3406197
I am a Consultant Plastic Surgeon in the NHS and in private practice in Bristol and Gloucestershire. I was appointed as Consultant Plastic Surgeon at north Bristol NHS Trust in 2005 with visiting status as Consultant Plastic Surgeon for Gloucestershire.
My NHS practice includes general plastic and reconstructive surgery both in adults and children. My NHS subspecialist interests are breast surgery, trauma and complex wound management.
My private practice covers all aspects of cosmetic surgery. I have particular experience in cosmetic breast surgery, abdominal surgery, rhinoplasty, gynaecomastia and ear surgery.
Teaching, research and innovation
In my NHS practice I am involved in teaching Plastic Surgery trainees of all levels, and medical students.
I have lectured internationally in the field of Breast Reconstruction, with the emphasise being on oncoplastic reconstruction.
I am an innovator, having performed over 600 structural fat grafting cases to the breast. I also performed the first total ADM implant wrap breast reconstruction n 2009.
I have a strong research background with a Doctorate for Bristol University. I am involved in various research projects in plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery.
I have published over 20 papers in national and international journals in the fields of plastic surgery. These focus largely on skin lesions
I have 15 years’ experience with preparing medicolegal reports, undertaking approximately 20 per year. The breakdown of instructions is approximately equal claimant and defendant cases.
My medico-legal work includes personal injury with a caseload that reflects my work both within the NHS and Privately.
Examples of my typical caseload
- Injuries at work i.e. lacerations, burns, scars
- Injuries from assault i.e. scars on the face or elsewhere
- Injuries resulting from accidents i.e. road traffic accidents (RTA). I have undertaken several well received reports in clients following injury to their breast brought about by road traffic accidents and in particular the compression caused by seatbelts. These include both those who have implants and those that do not.
- Injuries sustained in public places i.e. falls
- Dog bites
I keep up to date with regular training courses, the most recent of which was:
Appointments and turn-around times
I see medico-legal clients in Bristol and Cheltenham. I am usually able to assess clients within 3 weeks, and turn-around time for a report is 2-3 weeks after the appointment.
Medico-legal overview reports
I accept instructions to provide medico-legal overview reports; these are prepared after reviewing the medical records, without seeing the client for an assessment.
Schedule of Fees and Charges
- Overview medical report: from £500
- Examination, review of medical records and medical report from £1,000
- Based on hourly rate £450 / hour, charged in 15 minute blocks
- Attendance at conference £450 / hour
- Attendance at court £2,500 / day (or part of day)
Patients failure to attend appointment
- £400 Where no notice given, or notice given but less than 24 hours ahead of appointment
- £200 Where notice given more than 24 hours but less than 48 hours prior to appointment
- £2,500 for each day booked where cancelled 7 days or less in advance of attendance
TERMS: 90 days.